cablenet press release policy
All press releases related to or referencing CableLabs®, its projects, CableLabs™ certified/qualified products, CableLabs™ non-certified/qualified products, products based on CableLabs™ specifications, or quoting CableLabs employees MUST be reviewed 7 working days prior to their release by:
E-mail: Mike Schwartz
- Trademarks: All press releases referencing CableLabs, its projects, certified/qualified products, non-certified/qualified products, or products based on CableLabs™ specifications must cite CableLabs™ trademarks according to the CableLabs Trademark Guidelines.
- Penalties: If your company does not clear your press release with CableLabs, you could, without limitation, be subject to any/all of the following penalties:
- No CableLabs quotes in your press releases or your customers™ press releases for six months;
- Cannot use CableLabs Certified/Qualified or based on CableLabs specifications for six months;
- Notification of your company's counsel with CableLabs™ concern about misleading statements; and
- Notification of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with CableLabs™ concern about misleading statements.
- Press releases/statements that do not comply with CableLabs™ guidelines:
- Mislead the industry saying that the product is more than the specification(s).
- Bridge the product to future certifications/qualifications.
Examples: statements that do not comply with CableLabs™ guidelines:
- With product X, we alone can offer cable operators interactive service.
- Product X is the first OCAP-deployed product in the field.
- Press releases/statements that comply with CableLabs™ guidelines:
- Have been approved by Mike Schwartz, SVP, Communications, CableLabs;
- Cite trademarks according to CableLabs™ guidelines;
- Identify the wave in which the vendor participated;
- Cite the product model #;
- Identify whether the product was certified or qualified; and
- Cite products that have been designed according to CableLabs™ specifications using the phrase based on the XYZ CableLabs Project specification.
Examples: press releases/statements that comply with CableLabs guidelines are:
- The xyz product joins a growing family of ABC Company™s DOCSIS® 2.0-certified voice and data products. In addition to the xyz-line of products, ABC also has achieved DOCSIS® 1.1 qualifications for the xxx cable modem termination systems and xxx CMTS.
- Company ABC will be showing its xyz product based on the CableLabs XXX specification at the yyy show in December.
- Certification: Product complies to the specification as determined by the Certification Board for Retail Sale.
- Qualification: Product complies to the specification as determined by the Certification Board for MSO Purchase.
- Wave: CableLabs scheduled time when vendor-submitted product is to be tested.
If you have questions about your press release, please e-mail Mike Schwartz or phone 303.661.9100.
If you have questions about your press release, please e-mail
or phone 303.661.9100.